Monday, April 09, 2007

Mud


Mud
Originally uploaded by TreeBed.
Although I have not got a run in since declaring that I am getting back on the running path... I have been thinking a lot about what that might mean. I am back in IA and I needed to get organized before starting to give energy to running. Oh, and then there was that bit about it being 12 degrees (without factoring in the 20-30 mile an hour winds).

However, today it hit 40s, and I had everything under control... it was time to get out and get started. My goal for this week is to just get out the door 3 times and run. Doesn't matter how far, fast or even consistent the run is. Just run. Enjoy. Stretch a bit. During those runs (and in between) I am going to think a bit about what I think I can tackle for my training, and begin to form a plan. Look for that soon.

It was a beautiful (muddy) run today... saw some brilliant white tailed dear (one in the middle of the path that just stared at me until I got about 30 feet away), several birds, a beaver (also checking me out)... and lots of signs that spring is on the way.

Today: 2 miles
Week: 2 miles

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never run away if a beaver is checking you out. Man you have to ru after it :)

Anonymous said...

What??

Quirke