Thursday, January 22, 2009

Horse!

When that horse bucks you off... sometimes the best thing to do is just get right back in the saddle and go again. That is what I did today (although there was no horse involved). When woke up this morning I didn't intend on even trying to run again today. I felt so banged up and defeated yesterday I figured I would take a day or so to lick my wounds. However, as I rolled into the evening last night I was gaining some energy... and it happen to push right on through the morning. I had an insightful e-mail conversation that left me thinking, "I need to get back out there! I need to change my perspective (thanks friend)". It was really more of a mental thing, because I barely went far enough for me to count it as a run. Although I did achieve a brief moment of letting go... of stillness (it was short lived with the pounding of my heart taking over). It was actually quite sweet to touch on that. I have started this year off with a severe lack of confidence. So to even have a little success was a much needed lift. I won't even talk about how out of shape I am... although, there is part of me that is looking forward to the long slow climb. That in it self is good to feel.

No comments: