Thursday, January 10, 2013

Small Steps

Running has been a powerful teacher in my life, and one of the most potent lessons has always been... "It takes many small steps to yield a great run" (no matter what the distance). I often find myself wanting to jump from a grand idea, right to the completed version. This leaves me feeling hopeless, and heavy... how could I ever accomplish such a monumental task? The answer is... the same way I complete a run! When I am out on a run I can't get too caught up in being "done", or I will go crazy. I must take one step after another, and do my best to enjoy each one. The idea of getting back into shape, accomplishing a big project, or even something like moving past grief can feel overwhelming. However, the way forward is always a series of small steps. Each step has its own beautiful details, and deserves my gratitude. Today was another chapter of small steps in my life. I am grateful for each one.

Today: 2.5 miles
Week: 6.5+ miles

No comments: