Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Place to Start...

This is not a political blog... and this post is not about who I want you to vote for in the next election. It is simply about a place to start. If you have a half an hour... listen to the speech... or read the transcript. It is worth ALL our time to at least think about.



I can't help but feel that the words spoken by Senator Obama come at a needed time. If nothing else, needed for me. There are so many huge issues in our world today. So many obstacles to make dealing with those issues seem impossible. However, I also feel very strongly that if we can find "a place to start", a moment where we recognize the possibilities... we can create change. Change towards the better. That is a very different thing than having all the answers before embarking on the journey (something I am to often striving for... with dismal results). It is a spark that lights a fuse. It is a realization that we are in this together, no matter how different we all seem... and that at the root of it all... we are internally dealing with much of the same "stuff". A common grief.

Anyway, I am starting this next chapter without any grand statements, or major goals... instead I am starting with the curiosity of where my "starting place" will take me. Feel free to follow along as I write about it here. And thanks ahead of time for the energy you might add to the journey.

No comments: