Saturday, February 25, 2006

Back from Belize

Dory
Dory,
originally uploaded by TreeBed.
For those of you keeping score... it is not March 3rd (my original return date), but I am now home in Vallejo. Why? Well, it just made the most sense to me. I was ready to get home and start applying the stuff I had just learned, and wanted to save the 2nd part of my traveling adventure for when I was more in tourist mode. And it all worked out rather well. The day I changed my ticket I ran into Dawn (lives and owns the farm the course was at), and so I ended up spending my last days back in the jungle. Aside from being stung by a scorpian, which left me feeling like my entire body had fallen asleep for most of the day, it was exactly how I wanted to spend my last bit of time in Belize. I am still sort of in disbelief that yesterday morning (4:15 am to be exact) I got up and road a dory down the river, got on a bus, got on another bus (for 7 freakin hours), road a taxi, got on plane, got on another plane, got into a car, and then slept in my own bed that night. Pretty wild. It feels nice to be home, and I am still very charged up to get rollin along... I look forward to sharing stories with you all and finding out some of your own from the past 3 weeks.

I got the 2nd round of photos (the ones that I didn't erase), you can follow this pic and then view them as a group.

No comments: