Monday, February 20, 2006

My course is over, and it is hard to believe I have been gone for over two weeks... it seems to have gone so fast, but the experience was so rich it is hard to imagine that it could have all fit into such a short time. Today is recovery day. Do a little recoup and make plans for what is next.

Jungle life is pretty amazing... I am not sure I could be a full time resident, but it certainly has a magical quality to it that is all its own. There is so much life, it feels like you can watch the plants growing right in front of you. I was also fortunate to be there with a wonderful group. People from New York, Iowa, and the Bay Area (And more... that is a solid span of the country)... as well as a number of folks from the surrounding areas in Belize. It was so enjoyable to share in the human spirit that connects us all, and that was felt in many strong ways the past two weeks.

It was my plan to post some pictures today... However, it seems that this is meant to be a non-photo kind of trip. First my photo storage plan ended up being a bust, and then today I was fiddling with my camera and managed to erase all my photos... I guess the bright side is that since my storage was limited I really didn't have that many photos that were lost. Still it was a sort of sad to lose what I had. Fortunately everyone else on the course took lots of photos and will be sharing.

Anyway, I will end there for now. I will try to add some stories from the past two weeks sometime soon. Although, if I head out tomorrow for far off lands then who knows about the timing of more updates. I hope you are all well... you are in my thoughts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your course went well. You sound excellent. Hope your travels continue to fill you.

Anonymous said...

Chis this is Paul- What up- I miss up dude.

Quirke