Wednesday, February 22, 2006

New Song

Well, still forming the next move, in the meantime I will share a song that I wrote during the past two weeks... I think that it sums up pretty well where I am at.

Still Me (a working title)
2/14/06
Maya Mountain Research Farm

Ain't it great, to see you again
Its been so long since I met you friend...
You are me, We are one, all the things we have done
Who we are, is the path that we are on.


Chorus:
Here I am...walking down the road.
It hardly seems, I am who I used to know...
But its still me


Gratitude, I breath it in, then I breath it out to you
Thats what it is, open my eyes to this life Im liven in
Thats not much, but its what I got
One step closer... to a healing heart.

Dreams of past, wishful thinking eludes these present tasks
This precious moment, is all that I can want, or ever keep
So I'll take my potential to rise up above this resevior of grief

Use the pain, worked back into the fields
Now cultivate, the compassion that I can see is real
Know myself, open my heart to all that I have felt
And I will say... that I will live more full each day.


It is still rough, but it has been comforting to play... I even got to play it for a talent night we had the last nigth of the course.

I got a decent 3 mile run in yesterday. That was nice. It had been a while. There was really no place to run at the farm (I mean that literally, NO place), so it felt good to get out and get the legs moving again. I have been scrambling to get some more photos taken so I can put a few up. Until then...

No comments: