Friday, May 05, 2006

The Miser

Tonight I am hanging out backstage of a production of The Miser that my friend Chad is in. This is at the Spencer Community Theatre. I actually watched the production last night... Tonight I am stashing myself away in the green room. I have some work to do so that will be fine. Community theatre is such a cool thing. An opportunity for people to be someone else, interact with their neighbors, learn, teach... have fun. Spencer is a place where the community theatre is supported and used effectively. I very much enjoy being around it.

Tomorrow I head home... it is hard to believe how long I have been gone. Soooo much has been packed into these past few weeks. I have learned a ton, and tried things that I have wanted to try for years. It will be nice to head home (if only for a few days). I am looking forward to seeing my brother, and my crew back in the bay (see you all at the Giants game if not Sunday).

I have grown a lot during this trip I think... grown into myself in many ways. The flow of my actions defining my life, rather than me trying to hold tight to perfect ideas of what my life should be. I have projects unfolding in front of me, and I am trying my best to step back to observe as much as I can. The goal is to look for where my talents and skills will be useful... and where I am better off to let someone else move forward. I am developing a strong sense of the importance of learning the difference between going into a situation with a high level of confidence, and at the same time... leaving my ego behind. If I can do that... I can be very effective, and accomplish a lot at a very high level. This is exciting to me.

5 comments:

RaChelle and Paul said...

Good morning Micah! Thanks for sending me your blog link - I have purused it several times and have enjoyed reading your thoughts. Last night at the Gresham Track Invite Tom P. and I met a good friend of yours, Paul, that is a counselor at Barlow H.S. Small world! It reminded me that I wanted to let you know that I am praying for you. Sounds like there have been a lot of major things in your life the past few years. Wow. Take care adn I will be checking in on you. You and Shawn better make it to that reunion:->.

TreeBed said...

Hey there, so glad to see your name pop up here. I sent that link in such a rush I didn't explain it much... and got to wondering afterwards if it made much sense. I didn't even think about you all crossing paths with Paul. I love all the random connections the running world brings me.

Beetle says he wouldn't miss the reunion for all the running shoes in the world... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Won't be there.

Anonymous said...

Come now Shawn there will be all that so...what'ch ya been doing? (not really caring but what the hell else are you going to talk about) And my little Jonny is doing this and that... and then there is the uncomfortable "who are you again?" Your going to miss out on all that fun???

Ps. Mr. Peterson is a great man- He thinking of you two.

Quirke

Anonymous said...

Is- He is thinging about you and hopes for only the best-

Quirke

- There must be a way to correct this after you post it.