Sunday, April 13, 2008

Defeat, but not Defeated

Yesterday I had what felt like my first mental defeat in this short stretch of running. The weather wasn't great... well, lets be honest it was CRAP!!! Snow in April is not my friend. However, I was determined that I was still going to get out for my run... I didn't. I just couldn't face it. This winter has been tragically long, and I am left without much energy to fight it. So, I didn't.

The good news is... today I woke up to sunshine and bright blue skies (even if there was a stiff North wind). Warmer weather is in the forecast, and I headed out the door knowing I could make this a great week. Today's run was ugly. I mean, there was nothing pretty about it (complete with windswept spit across the shirt)... but I did it with a "workman" like attitude that I have needed in order to string enough runs together to actually say that I am running again. I want to make this the week I move from "just getting out the door"... to beginning a path to go somewhere I want to go. More about that later...

Speaking of getting where I want to go... I also started my Spring cleaning today. This Winter has been a rough one. A lot of things have been buried, and left unattended. Time to shake out the dust... stir things up. I am ready to look at what survived the harsh Winter. Today I did see the green of the grass returning, that is a good sign. In spite of all the Winter could throw at us, the grass has reawakened... ready to grow once again. And so shall I.

Today: 3 miles
Week: 3 miles

No comments: