Monday, May 05, 2008

Hikin


Wildcat Camp
Originally uploaded by TreeBed
No run for a few days... ok, a week. I traveled back to CA, and then got caught up doing "catch up" stuff around the house. I also knew that I would be getting several days of hiking in on the weekend... of which I would need everything my body had to offer.

So, Friday was a nice an easy 2 miles in... Saturday was a solid 10 miles, which featured a wonderful little uphill section (yeah)... and Sunday was about 6 or so out (again with the hills... straight up from where that yellow is... ouch).

My body definitely feels it (I am pretty sore today)... but I am also happy to report that I could feel the miles that I have been running... working for me. I had some good conversations with Skippy and GASR about running, training and thinking about some future races (toying with the idea of a triathlon). All in all it was a great weekend, and despite a bit of "body breakdown"... it was good for my motivation to keep moving these small steps forward.

No comments: