Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Two for Two

I am now two for two this week on runs that I can't really count as runs. I got out the door again today, and I actually felt pretty good, but... I am back in Iowa, the weather was beautiful... I mean, perfect... and I got a lot done today (that gave a little mental boost). I was ready to rock that run. Unfortunately I didn't think too much about my travel day, or how that might of effected my body. So I got a little rambunctious. I am getting to the point where I can actually have moments of feeling pretty good during my run (especially early on). It is sort of like my body is remembering how it works, but obviously not enough to say, "hey buddy... slow down so we can get loosened up and make it through this whole run!"

And so... I did not make it through the whole run. My knee started yelling, and I had to walk. This was not all bad, because it was such a beautiful evening to "walk" and watch the sunset. However, I was a little frustrated that I wasn't smarter (and kinder) with my body. I guess that is partly why I am keeping this blog... it is now written down, and hopefully I will learn enough to do better tomorrow.

Today: A few miles running, and some walking
Week: Some running... some walking

2 comments:

Skippy said...

a sorta run is better than no run...keep on keeping on!

TreeBed said...

True dat.