Monday, November 21, 2005

NCAA XC Results

Another part of not running, is being out of the loop when it comes to who is doing what out there (granted some people keep up on this stuff religiously, and others care less). However, I do still have some connections to that world even when I am out of it. My best friend from high school Shawn Beitelspacher (Beetle) is coaching at Alabama, and they had a great end of the season swing to get themselves into the national meet... which was today in Indiana. I am not sure that the Tide did as well as they hoped (and the Hogs (Beetle ran at Arkansas) were in the #2 spot, which they are never satisfied with)... I am sure I will get the whole scoop this week. Beetle is coming out for Turkey Day, and I will get all the details (which the really good ones I will post). I included a link in the side bar to check out the results.

I am still hoping to get run #2 in today. I have to with Shawn coming out tomorrow... he is already in shape. Ouch!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...Just as you are making your big comeback, I feel I am making my descent. I had the worse race of my life recently at a really big meet and then I got your email. So I decided to check it out. You always did have a way with words. So thanks, once again, for the motivation. Good Luck!!!

TreeBed said...

Well, that is sort of the point of this... it is to try and keep that community aspect that is so helpful while in school running. Ups and downs go with the territory, and so we have to help keep each other going. I'm glad to know this thing has served a purpose already.