Monday, November 28, 2005

The Plan: with Goals and Such

Ok, my early goal is: To get 3 months of 30 miles a week in comfortably
(with a long range look at a marathon at some point...if I am enjoying the process)

Three areas to focus on:
1. Make Lifestyle Changes- more H2o intake, better diet, watch sleep... take better care of myself.
2. Build up Strength/flexibility- incorporate complementary exercises (have to rebuild my core)
3. Proper Build Up of Mileage- its been a while... the goal is to build myself up, not break me down. Also, I want to build a proper foundation, so if the desire to go farther is there... then I am ready to go.

Next 10 Weeks
Week 1: 12 miles
Week 2: 15 miles
Week 3: 18 miles
Week 4: 12 miles - recovery week
Week 5: 21 miles
Week 6: 24 miles
Week 7: 27 miles
Week 8: 15 miles - recovery week
Week 9: 30 miles - this is where the 3 months begins
Week 10: 30 miles

I realize this is a bit conservative. However, I have done this kind of build up before, and that was after only a few months off. I learned a great deal during that training period about my body and how it reacts to training. This is will not be set in stone. There will be a lot of listening to my body, but I know that this should be a safe build up to provide my body time to re-learn how to train. I also have a lot of other stuff on my plate, so I want something doable... when I look at this, I see "doable" (and that is a big thing at the moment). So from here on out I will start to log miles and keep track of some stats to keep an eye on. Here we go...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, remember that making all those lifestyle changes at once can be difficult. So it's also ok if you get better at one before taking on another one all together. Baby steps.

Anonymous said...

Roomie - This is awesome. I feel like i am there even though we are thousands of miles apart. Loved all of the pictures. Is that your pottery? I need to make an order for the house! Good luck bro and we'll keep in touch.

Roomie