Sunday, November 20, 2005

"This is my comeback!"

Well, I am not really sure that I ever attained anything in my running career to "comeback" to, but that is the great thing about running... if you put on your shoes, and get out the door... you are part of something larger than yourself. Although you can chop running up into all sorts of categories, "elite", "jogger" or in the track world you might even include "sprinters"... you are still all a part of larger consciousness that is attained when you push past the barrier of running being laborious, and stride into a realm where each foot strike connects you to something "right" in the world. Only those who have been there will understand that statement, and that makes you part of a larger group. It is a common ground we share that can be reached whether you are running 15 miles a week for that next fun run... or 115 miles a week preparing for the Prefontaine Classic.

So, here it goes... no bold goals or statements (yet), just the desire to get back out the door with my running shoes on. I want to get back to "running enlightenment", and be right with the world with each foot strike. I have a long ways to go, but that is why I thought it might make an interesting Blog. On these pages I will share the experience with you, and hopefully you will share we me. Although running is great for one's solitude... it is always best in community. Here is my contribution to a community that I have strayed from.

Oh, and... Go Elvis!

No comments: