Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Wednesday Weigh In #1 - 142 lbs.

Weight #1
Weight #1,
originally uploaded by TreeBed.
I would guess that I am in the minority of runners who feel they need to gain weight after 3 years off. If I was in amazing shape and in the middle of important races... I would feel great about being at 142 lbs. (I always felt like between 140-145 was a good race weight for me). However, being that I haven't done crap for 3+ years, I'm not super excited to be this low. It basically means my muscle mass is not what it was.

This will change in two ways: One, will be the act of adding activity again. Muscles will be used, and they will return. Two, will be eating better. I need to feed that muscle return, and eat in a more balanced way (not something I have been good at for sometime). I will keep track of the weight and post it from time to time... we'll see what happens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude: Like your build up plan, know what you mean about bulking up a bit. Unfortunately, it's trial and error.

ginelle said...

I like seeing your daily comments on running, life, and v-town. Being a late-bloomer runner...or more of a jogger, I enjoy your thoughts on the runs. It's also great to see your running ideas in action - we'll be there to cheer you on at your marathon...go milah.