Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Just Change

So the bad news is that I had a discipline hick-up the past two days... sure I had lots to do, and some poor logistics. However, I could have got at least one run in, and didn't MAKE it happen. The good news is... I already have my run in today, and it is not yet 7am!!! I went to bed making a deal with myself that if my mom got up before 7am, then I would get up and get a short run in. What do you know... I woke up at 6:11. I even tried to fight it... I gave myself the line, "I got things to do... (see Paul and I's earlier comments)" despite my best efforts to ignore the voice in my head (or most likely my heart), I got out of bed and went for a short (but sweet) run. There is an internal change that has happened. By letting go of some of the baggage in my heart, I have cleared the room of stuff to hide behind. That I must say... feels pretty good!

Oh, yeah... I am at my mom's (Vancouver, WA). This is a less than 24 hour visit. Flew in last night, drive away this morning. Mom decided she wanted to do a road trip, and I decided I needed some traveling that didn't involve... long days, sleeping on couches, many hours on planes, or much work in general. I have had fun doing all those things the past two months, but I have realized that they still take their toll. So, a little road trip down to CA with mom should be fun. Hope everyone's week is going well.

Today: 3 miles
Week: 6 miles

No comments: