Monday, August 21, 2006

Good Bye and Fly...

So this is my first flight post "latest threat of terror. So, I got here a bit early... as I figured, I breezed through. Now I sit. At least PDX has free wi-fi (as it should be at airports)... not to mention lots of good eats and shopping if you wish.

My brief NW trip was good. I needed to come up for the memorial service, I needed that closure. It is hard to lose someone who you thought your would get to know better, and see grow into herself. I was sad for all the things that she wouldn't get to do for the world (and she would have done so much, and did so much in her short life). However, at the memorial service listening to all the stories about her (like when she brought a stranger she befriended home to feed them and help them out) I realized that the many people she touched (and there were a lot of people there) would carry a little piece of her out into the world. She in a sense would send us all out to do the work she would have tried to do. Of course we will go about it in our own ways, but you could not help walk from that service without a little more resolve to make the world a better place.

Rebecca, I will do my best to hold up my end of that... thank you for the passion that you put into your short time with us. You are loved and missed.

No comments: