Saturday, August 19, 2006

SOS

SOS
SOS,
originally uploaded by Miss Aniela.
I woke up this morning and found this picture from one of my Flickr contacts... Before even reading the caption I felt a connection to it. Sort of like, "oh yeah, I am not the only one out there feeling this way." It also reminded me of the many tools that I have to express how I feel in those dark places (as done so beautifully here by Miss Aniela). I can find my medication in many forms: friends, art, music, running, nature... that is the amazing part of the cycle... finding those things in contrast to the darkness. How sweet are the kind words of a friend, or the gentle sounds of my guitar, or the sweet breezes of an aging summer... so this morning, as I turn the page... I am thankful for those things.

No comments: