Tuesday, March 28, 2006

More Storm... Better Umbrella

Today the rain keeps falling (geez it is dark and grey... did I really grow up in the NW?), but I have already had a better day than Monday. Starting the day off with a termite inspector is not the way to go, and some how I spent more time in my bed then out... I realize to some that sounds pretty good, but trust me... it is not all its cracked up to be. Anyway, today I got a few balls rolling already, and it is Dad's Birthday. He would be 56. Exactly twice my age. Some how that sticks with me... would I be doing something different right now if I knew that my life was half over (or even shorter). Today I triumphantly say, "NO!" I am going to get on the ferry with some work and a good book, buy an umbrella, go to MOMA, and have dinner with my brother and good friends... Living in a way that is meaningful to me. That would make my Dad smile.

I recieved a wonderful little note from a friend today that ended this way...

"And what is it to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?
Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing.
And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb.
And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance."
--Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet

No comments: