Sunday, March 12, 2006

Storyhill

Storyhill
Storyhill,
originally uploaded by TreeBed.
I first saw Storyhill play at Graceland University (it was "College" back then mind you) when I was a Freshman... If someone would have told me at that show that I would be opening for them 10 years later... well, it would have taken some convincing!!! As I said tonight, when I started learning to play the guitar my goal was to be able to play some Chris & Johnny (Storyhill) songs (and not suck). Tonight I introduced them onto the stage after playing a few of MY songs. They were very gracious, and seemed genuinely to enjoy my songs (that did make me a little warm and fuzzy inside ;-) And then they got up there and rocked the place. It was a VERY good show. They were on their game tonight and it was pretty awesome to be a part of it. When they ended with a second encore and played Steady On... it was certainly one of the best versions I had heard (in recordings or live), WOW!!!

No comments: