Friday, March 31, 2006

Good Start, Same Finish

Dang it! I started this week so well... and now it looks very much like I am continuing my less than stellar running ways. The end of the week got busy REALLY quick. However, next week will prove to be a good running atmosphere, and help get me in gear. Tuesday I fly to Alabama. Beitle is opening a running shoe store, and I am heading out to help where I can. This is a pretty exciting adventure. We will be busy, but I will try my best to fill you in on how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Short Running Shorts are not a Crime

As I Have had the past week off for spring break, I have had time to collect my thoughts. One of my more troubling thoughts lately has been over the debate of short length. This my only be my problem because of my interaction with the teen style. What happened to short shorts and there acceptance as standard running apparel? If I have shorts that are any shorter then my lower mid thigh I receive looks and giggles. My favorite jeer is from men in large pick-ups yelling YEEEHAW (or such). I thought that it might just be me and the fact that I am old (in kids eyes-last year a kid thought that I was 40!) or my body was not as trim but if this was so the kids would sport short shorts. To add injury to insult I was in the Seaside Nike Outlet when one of my runners came in (out of nowhere) and asked what I doing. When I responded by saying that I was buying socially acceptable long shorts she responded GOOD! Screw it I say wear your short running shorts and be proud!

Quirke

TreeBed said...

Yeah, how are you supposed to run fast in long shorts? I never got that... but then again... when I was converting from a basketball player to a runner the long shorts were the norm. Maybe it is like a right of passage... when you decide you care more about your running than your fashion statement, then you have arrived at a new place in your running. Hummm...