Thursday, December 22, 2005

First Organized Run

Last week when Chris was here he pointed me towards a "trail race" over on Angel Island (8k) on Jan. 14th... I am happy to say that I am now signed up for my first "organized run" (can't quite call it a race yet). It should be about perfect for a first run. The runs are set up not to be real competitive, with an emphasis on enjoying a good run on trails with other people. I also saw that there is another one later in the year. So it will be good to run it now, and then see how it compares later (when I am hopefully in shape).

I realize this race isn't very far away, but all are invited (and for those far away you always have a place to stay). I will get on the ball and give a little more notice for the next "organized run". Hopefully we can get some people together every once in a while for a run. Whether you are far or near, I will post it (I am open to suggestion too) and whoever shows up, shows up.

No comments: