Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Yeeehaw!

The title was my reaction to getting my run in yesterday... I was a bit skeptical of it happening. Especially after having a 1/2 pound cheeseburger... fries and a pint for lunch. It was such a beautiful day, and there really was no excuse for not getting it done. However, that has been the fight for the past 3 years. It was getting dark and I just happened to spot a trail off the road. So, I pulled into the parking lot (this was at the mall of all places in Blue Springs), did the quick change (I am a little rusty at the old "change in the car" routine). Then off I went with the last gasps of sun in the west and a healthy moon over head. It was getting colder, but still felt good (and I was in shorts). The air crisp and cool in the lungs, not harsh at all... and to my delight the trail turned out to be crushed limestone (my favorite), meandering through the trees and next to a small (mostly frozen) stream. I was energized by the simple fact that I was out at all, but also felt the energy of many past runs filling me up. I thought about the comments posted during the day (that was the kick in the butt that helped it happen), and what a cool thing it was to have community. So, thank you for your help yesterday, and the trickle over into this morning (yup, already got my run in today). I will be traveling the rest of the day... ugh! But it will be nice knowing I am right on schedule for the week.

Today: 3 miles
Week: 6 miles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude it was great to see you Monday, albeit for just a couple hours. Glad the Jenkins didn't cause you to screw up your running schedule too much.

It was also nice to be able to drink a beer and listen to some music (your music) just like the good old days at the clubhouse. Hope you had a safe trip back to the bay area. Peace out roomie.