Tuesday, December 06, 2005

A Little Blah

The hilly run yesterday, plus weights... oh, and not really preparing for my runs very well yet (drinking enough water, watching how close meals are to run time, etc.)... all added up to a sluggish run today. On the other hand, I did it. Part of it was the fact that I ran from my front door. As I said a few posts earlier, I don't gain much energy during a run when it is on side walks and city streets. However, if I am going to get up to my 30 miles a week goal, then I am going to have do some of that.

I think tomorrow I am going to do my 2 mile time trial... yes, let us find out just how ugly it has become. I partly want to see where I am at now in relation to where I have been, and also where I hopefully will be in a few months. A 2-mile time trial will provide a decent bench mark to help quantify my fitness level for all you out there who don't get to see how ugly my 20 min easy runs are. Why 2-miles? Well, cause I could fake a mile... after a certain amount of running in your past, your mind can make your body do things it really should NOT do. I can't fake a 2-mile (well, and be able to walk for the next month). So, something to look forward to tomorrow... I am already sort of nervous. It is going to hurt ;-)

Today: 3 miles
Week: 5 miles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the fitness run tomorrow. Just think in a few days you can remember running in real cold when you are back in Lamoni. Gotta Love frozen nose hair. Sweeney