Friday, December 30, 2005

It Has Arrived...

I knew there would come a point in this journey where I was going to have to decide whether to "get it done" or "blow it off"... That point has come. Up until now the mileage goals were low enough that I could run when it was convenient and still hit the goal. This week there is no convenient time to run, so I have to make it happen. I want this to remain fun, so if I don't hit my goals it wouldn't be the end of the world... However, part of the bigger picture is to reintroduce discipline, and give myself a working model of accomplishment to allow the rest of my life to follow. Meaning, if I am going to ever get anything done in this life, I need to start creating some follow through.

So here it is... This is Week 5, meaning I need to get 21 miles in this week. I got 3 in yesterday (one of my faster runs), that puts me at 10 for the week. I don't like the idea of putting in 11 miles in 2 days (one of my goals is to keep the progression as smooth as possible, and that is a bit of a jump). However, I know it is very doable and just requires me to buck up and get it done... Thus, the fork in my running trail... We'll see what happens...

Today: 0 (so far)
Week: 10 miles

P.S. I am in Vancouver (WA) so if anyone around these parts wants to go for a run, let me know. My phone is in two pieces (not that I answer it much anyway, but now it is impossible... I am checking messages though).

No comments: