Friday, December 16, 2005

A Little Shaky: Part 1

After an early trip to the airport (yes, I do this often), breakfast, then going back to sleep... I was shaken out of bed by an earthquake. Well, it didn't exactly get me out of bed, but it was an interesting way to re-start my day.

Today I have been thinking about how they always tell you, "It is about the journey, and not the destination." And looking back over my life, for the most part I would agree... then why is it always so damn hard to remember. It is one of those concepts I have to continually remind myself about. It is so much easier to just sit around and dream about the end result, or focus so hard on getting there that you forget to enjoy the process (the small details). Almost all of my thought process has been about, "when my life starts up again, when I feel better, when my pain dissipates"... very little energy has gone into daily steps to make that happen. I have a plan to get back in shape, where is my "Life Plan"? Not from the stand point of, "Where will my life end up?", but instead, "If I were going to shoot for something in my life, how would I do that, and what might I find along the way?" All my life I have been full of big ideas... and very little follow through. Where will I find the follow through to put my life back into a place where I am at peace with both the journey and the destination I am headed to (even if I never get there)? Guess that is why this post has 3 parts...

No comments: