Thursday, December 08, 2005

Heart Rate Monitored

First run down with an actual time and my HRM info. The good thing about having a watch is that you know exactly how long you have been running for... the bad thing is... you know EXACTLY how long you have been running for. Maybe it was better when I was just guessing. No, it is good to know, but I did catch myself looking at my wrist a bit too often, and thinking "what?!, I know I have been out longer than that..." Pretty sad when we are talking about a 20 min run. Oh well, I just have to get used to it again. I did notice when I looked down and saw the watch I felt more like my running self. Those little things that identify you as "a runner"... like the short shorts, the running watch, wearing the running gear when you aren't actually running. So it felt good that I have tacked on another running badge. Little by little I am bringing myself back into that world.

Looks like the time trial will have to wait until next week. The last thing I want this "comeback" to do is stress me out. So, we'll find out how out of shape I am soon enough. For now, I have a bunch of stuff to do before heading to Lamoni for the weekend.

Today: 3 miles
Week: 8 miles
HRM: 160 avg - 174 max

No comments: