Sunday, December 18, 2005

Rest Week

I am starting my "Rest Week" out with a rest day... Instead of a run, a little reflection. I have 3 weeks of my plan under my belt, and feel pretty good about where I am at. I didn't quite reach my goal the 2nd week, but was close enough to consider the first 3 weeks to be right on schedule. Thus starts week 4. As I said, this is a "rest week"... the rest is to allow my muscles that I have been breaking down the past few weeks, to rebuild (better than ever). It is kind of like letting your fitness catch up to you. Also, in case there are any injuries brewing... the idea is to let your body get a foot hold before going back to work. It should work out nicely with the holiday craziness that will be in full swing this week to use my few runs as stress breaks.

2 comments:

TreeBed said...

Well... this goes back to our good old high school days... yes, long, long, long ago. I was telling my friends here in the Bay Area that in high school the news paper could somehow spell Beitelspacher right consistantly, but almost always jacked mine up. One of the best being "Milah Hammol". Our group down here is fond of nic names... and Milah stuck. We have a little blog for that group (which started first) and when I started this one, I figured since the name came from my running roots... I would go with it. And that is the story of Milah. Good huh?

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was also curious about the name, but kind of figured it was some kind of nickname. Anyways I also wanted to add in my approval for the rest as this is also my rest week.(the holidays worked out pretty well) Yesterday was my first day off in over a month, where I was probalby averaging 80+ a week, getting ready for a Half Marathon in less than 4 weeks, I thought it would be a good time to have an easy week, hit it hard for 2 more, then cruise that last week to hopefully rest up for it. Good to see you are listening to yourself and keeping this going. It sounds exactly like you always told me to do it in the past.