Saturday, January 28, 2006

30

I did it! 30 miles this week, and felt pretty strong doing it (well, my legs are a little pooped... Speaking of poop, a bird pooped on my hand a block into the run. Luckly I had gloves on, and the only damage done was 5 miles of paranoia that I would wipe my face with the back of my glove... happy to say I didn't). Anyway, when I stopped my watch at the end of my run, I must say a big smile took over my face. I mean, even writing this now it is sort of choking me up. And it is not the number, technically about the 3rd week I could have put 30 miles in (that would have been ugly)... No, it is that I did it in a way that laid a foundation for me to now feel like I can keep going. It is the idea that 2 months ago there was very little in my life that I felt I was doing "right", that I was doing in a sustainable way. Now I am on the other end of two months of daily steps, and it feels good. I can now use the same approach to tackle something else in my life that I want to achieve.

I want to thank everyone who has been following along. Your presence on this journey was far more powerful than you will ever know. The biggest thing that I learned the past two months is that this is all about connection. I have received some amazing e-mails from you all, and the comments, and just the sense that when I headed out the door... I wasn't alone. Thank you!

Now the trick will be keeping this rolling...

Today: 5 miles
Week: 30 miles!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you and your hard work getting back into running. I bet it feels good! Good to finally check out this blog of yours.

It would be so fun to meet up with a group of friends and run a race sometime. I am up for the Napa marathon again!

Anyway, keep up the hard work. Thanks for sharing your life with us. You're awesome.

ginelle said...

Congrats Milah! Happy to see you achieve 30 and it sure did inspire me to read your journey. Have a great adventure in Belize. We will be waiting to hear your thoughts about running on the beach...lucky bum!!!