Monday, January 02, 2006

A Run...

Wrote a poem on my run today... if you are not into poetry... sorry. Sometimes it is just how my thoughts come out.

Sometimes a run is about your left and right
Keeping the rhythm in step with your life.

On other days its the pounding of heart
Controlling something, while the rest falls apart.

Today its about feeling the rain,
As the drops hit my face and mix with my pain.

No matter the why, where or the how
A good run is often a beautiful way out.


As you might gather from the words, life is a bit rough around the edges right now... well, actually the roughness is really deep on the inside. However, I am pluggin away. The fact that I am still getting my runs in is giving me hope. So I will stick with that and hope that I come out the other side.

Today: 5 miles
Week: 5 miles

No comments: