Monday, January 30, 2006

No Fear

Today I ran as a different person. Sounds kind of corny, but I am serious... Today I was a different runner than I was on Saturday. For one, I did the same run 3 min faster than I had been doing it, but more important was why that happened. Because I felt good! Why was that? I believe it was because I was running without something. Today I ran without fear. I realized that part of what accomplishing my goal (the first part of it) was that it freed me to let go of fear (at least during my run). Fear that I wouldn't make it, that I wasn't good enough, etc... I let that go Saturday, and today I ran without the extra weight. It was great. Really for the first time since I started this I felt really connected to it, and it felt natural again. I saw a crack of light ahead to feel that way in my day to day life again as well. That is exciting to me.

Today: 33:10 (5 miles - now that I hit my mileage goal, I will be concentrating more on how long I was out for rather than how far I went)
Week: 5 miles

No comments: