Thursday, January 26, 2006

Holy Hills!

Today I did some hills... That blew some cobwebs out that I hadn't reached yet! Now that it is done, it was kind of nice (in a sick twisted sorta way). It took me back to all kinds of memories, "hills at the Fort" in my high school days, the golf course in Lamoni. I have actually always been fond of hills as a workout. It is very straight forward (and you KNOW you are doing something). At one point a few years ago I put together a training plan based completely on doing hills... I will have to dig that up. Anyway, it was short and sweet. The hill was about 150m, and pretty darn steep (got steeper as it went up). I thought I would do 8 when I ran by it the first time (I did a two mile warm up- with a good size hill just to get to the repeat hill), but after one round I realized that wasn't going to happen. So, 4 good solid hills to start me off. It felt good to push myself past (way past) comfortable, and seemed relevant to my upcoming travels. I say that because there will be a fair amount of pushing past comfort for myself on my trip. This is my first trip out of the country by myself, and there will be lots of exploring the unknown. I am looking forward to that challenge... And just like during those hills I will be saying, "I can do this, I can do this!"

Today: 4 miles
Week: 20 miles (two 5 mile days and I have my 30 miles week, yippee!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing beats a good hill workout!!!

Next time you venture in for a run we will head to Baker Beach in Golden Gate Park and conquer the sand stairs. And no they are not that bad, they are down right brutal.