Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Wise Words

I am happy (yes those are strange words for the last few posts) to report that I got a solid 3 mile run in tonight. I don't run at night in Vallejo (come visit and you will see why), so it was nice. It is a route I have done a million times in my running days, and it felt good to soak that in tonight. However, the real highlight of the day was an e-mail that I got when I went to do this post, I am going to put it up because I want to remember it and also because I believe it will be a reference point for this process I am on.

Micah,

Again, I just wanted to say a few personal words, so I am getting back to you through this. I am sure the thing with your dad is hard. I have no real words to say anything to get around it, and I'm sure it is adding up. Luckily, I have never had a loss like that, but I know it cant be easy, and I don't know if I or anyone else would be over it by now.  That is something you may never be able to get over, and that shouldn't be a huge issue.

I know it is wierd to say, but I think it could be a good way to relate to your running.  I'm sure while you were growing up and running your dad could never always be there, but now you have the chance to have him with you every day when you are running or whatever else you may be doing.  I think if you could use this, it could possibly give you a better shot at enjoying
running, I know it may be tough to do, and I dont know if you already feel this way or not.  Just some advice to hopefully allow you to find more time to get the runs in and find them more enjoyable.  If anything else to help keep you going, know that you have helped me a lot through a lot when I was in Lamoni, you were always someone I could count on to talk to and a great coach, and thanks for that.


I am going to leave the writer's name out because it was sent as a personal note to me. However, I thank that person for their comments the past few days... you will probably never know how much they helped. It is another reminder of how important our communities are, and not being afraid to share our journeys. I have always been one to believe I could do it all on my own... I was wrong about that. Each person you let into your life has something to offer you. It may not always be obvious, or even what you are looking for, but it is there if you allow yourself to be open. Sometimes, it is just the right words at the right time (like above). That is when you have to sit back and smile (no matter how crappy you feel), because that is a wonderful gift. Thank you to all of you, if you are keeping up with this you have most likely blessed me in some way... and I thank you!

Today: 3 miles
Week: 8 miles

No comments: